While most large brands are investing a lot of resources into social media, there are more than a few small businesses which still don’t understand the value of social media or are on the fence about its benefits.
Here are some reasons why you need to be on social media and how it will help your business:
- Customer feedback in real time – the importance of customer feedback cannot be overstated, as it will give you an insight on how to improve your business, products, or services. There might not be a better way to collect customer feedback than social media.
- Making your Business more approachable – your customers can find you easier when you have a presence on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. More importantly, they are far more likely to start a conversation with you over social media than through other channels (e.g. email or phone).
- Builds Trust – the more people that talk about your brand or business on social media, the more valuable and trustworthy your business will appear.
- Improves your SEO – social media presence is one of the factors that Google uses to calculate search rankings, so not being active on social media will hurt your ranking.
- Customer loyalty – businesses that engage on social media gain higher loyalty from their customers.
- High lead-to-close rate – studies* have shown social media has a 100% higher lead-to-close rate than outbound marketing.
- Affordability – Ads on social media are relatively inexpensive compared to traditional Ads, and when used correctly, have shown a high ROI.
- Segmentation – social media platforms like LinkedIn and Facebook allow segmentation by Location, Company, Job title, Gender, and Age. This will enable you to reach a consumer with specific needs and wants more accurately.
- Excellent recruitment tool – social media can provide great insight into the company culture, and we know Millennials value company culture above most things, so it can become a valuable recruiting tool in finding your next great employee.
While there are many more reasons we can get into, we hope the reasons we’ve covered convince you to dedicate more time and resources to social media; these days social media presence is essential to all businesses, big or small.